Cfr cluj vs dinamo online dating
New districts were constructed, most of them dominated by tower blocks.During Nicolae Ceaușescu's leadership (1965–89), much of the historic part of the city was demolished and replaced by "Socialist realism" style development: (1) the Centrul Civic (the Civic Centre) and (2) the Palace of the Parliament, for which an entire historic quarter was razed to make way for Ceaușescu's megalomaniac plans.From top, left to right: Colțea Hospital panorama • Romanian Athenaeum • Victory Avenue • Lipscani district, view towards Caru' cu bere and Stavropoleos Monastery • Palace of Justice • CEC Palace • National Bank of Romania • Floreasca park, on the banks of the Dâmbovița River, less than 60 km (37.3 mi) north of the Danube River and the Bulgarian border.Bucharest was first mentioned in documents in 1459.During this period, gas lighting, horse-drawn trams, and limited electrification were introduced. The extravagant architecture and cosmopolitan high culture of this period won Bucharest the nickname of "Little Paris" (Micul Paris) of the east, with Calea Victoriei as its Champs-Élysées.Between 6 December 1916 and November 1918, the city was occupied by German forces as a result of the Battle of Bucharest, with the official capital temporarily moved to Iași, in the Moldavia region.Also, some of the city's main landmarks were built in this period, including Arcul de Triumf and Palatul Telefoanelor.
Later, an Austrian garrison took possession after the Russian departure (remaining in the city until March 1857).A short-lived revolt initiated by Tudor Vladimirescu in 1821 led to the end of the rule of Constantinople Greeks in Bucharest.The Old Princely Court (Curtea Veche) was erected by Mircea Ciobanul in the mid-16th century.Under subsequent rulers, Bucharest was established as the summer residence of the royal court.During the years to come, it competed with Târgoviște on the status of capital city after an increase in the importance of southern Muntenia brought about by the demands of the suzerain power – the Ottoman Empire.
Bucharest finally became the permanent location of the Wallachian court after 1698 (starting with the reign of Constantin Brâncoveanu).